Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Partially successful on Windows machines

2002-03-22 11:50:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Partially successful on Windows machines
From: anthony.guzzi AT storability DOT com (anthony.guzzi AT storability DOT com)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:50:11 -0500
If you're talking about status code '1's, this is normal  behavior for a
Windows box.  Remember that unlike Unix, open/active files cause problems
for backup software.  NB has the 'Open Transaction Manager' (OTM)
component to handle this [see the NB sys admin guide for Windows for more
details on OTM] but OTM is not a cure-all and under some situtations (e.g.
the file is constantly busy such as during nightly heavy-duty database
processing) provides no asisstance at all.

-- Tony Guzzi
Sr. Solutions Engineer, AssuredRestore team
Storability, Inc.

www.storabilility.com
The Leading Provider of Automated Storage Assurance for the Global
Enterprise