Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Drive gets marked "down" after every backup

2002-03-21 11:26:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Drive gets marked "down" after every backup
From: Robert.L.Harris AT rdlg DOT net (Robert L. Harris)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:26:29 -0700
Not sure why it does this, maybe an error in the robot unmount
proceedure?  I had a problem with a bad robot controller card (card in
the robot, not scsi in my server) that was causing it to randomly down
drives as bad even though the drives were fine.

I modified a script a little from David Champa who has some
great stuff up at http://www.xbpadm-commands.com.  Cron runs it every 10
mins and checks the drive status.  If the drive was was down it'd send a
"here's what our statis is before I try to fix it and what it looks like
after I tried" and would email it to me.  Works great.

Robert

Thus spake Larry Chin (casslin AT sympatico DOT ca):