Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Clients

2002-03-20 19:58:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Clients
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:58:22 -0500 (EST)
rsh is only used as an install option, after that you don't need it.

Take a look at /var/log/messages for some hints.  Maybe
/var/log/secure.  Check inetd.conf/xinetd.d for shell entries.  And
note that root's home directory (where the .rhost goes) is /root, not
/.

If you've got ftp running and can write a file into /tmp on the RH
boxes as some user (not root by default per /etc/ftpusers), try
running this from the master:

# install_client_files ftp <hostname> <username>

It'll tell you what to do after that.

If you're running xinetd on the 7.x boxes, you may have to alter the
config a bit.  I don't remember which manual (Install for 3.4.1???)
covers this, but it's been posted recently.

--
Larry Kingery
         I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.