Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape recycling - newbie question

2002-03-15 10:38:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape recycling - newbie question
From: tim AT ngfl.gov DOT uk (Timothy J. Arnold)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:38:57 -0000
I also have a SUN StorEdge L20.

You can use Slots 1-19 for your tapes. 20 is reserved for the mailslot
[I still don't know what exactly it is used for]

You can put any DLT4 tapes/cleaning tapes in these slots. Make sure you
perform an inventory after you have inserted the tapes and locked the
drives

eg.

from media server

vmupdate -rn 0 -rt tld -empty_ie -use_barcode_rules

[presuming you use barcode rules - which you should]

Hope this helps.

Tim.