Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Down'd drive not being used after it's up'd

2002-03-14 14:18:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Down'd drive not being used after it's up'd
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:18:28 -0600
NetBackup reads the available drives at a specified interval or you can use
"bpschedreq -read_stunits" from the CLI to do this at any time.

NetBackup will only use the number of drives it had when the backup session
started.  Running the above command while backups are already in progress will
not make the drive available during that backup session.

- Scott

                    "Jeff Kennedy"

                    <jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com>                 To:     NBU
List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] Down'd drive not being used after it's up'd
                    auburn.edu

                    03/14/2002 09:48 AM

I down'd a drive manually with vmoprcmd so that I could use it for
something else for a time.  When I was done I noticed jobs were queued
because I only had 2 drives available (3rd was in use by me).  So, I
up'd the drive but the jobs are remaining queued and waiting for one of
the other 2 to become available.  Why is that?

Thanks.