Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] TapeAlert

2002-03-11 15:28:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] TapeAlert
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:28:49 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C93B.5A54B9C0

Is the tapealert feature a switchable option?  My vendor tells me that our
library is compatible but NB doesn't seem to react.

I have frequence-based cleaning turned on and I also have a cron-job that
sweeps the UNIX log files for the library's cleaning request message, then
runs tpclean.

The manuals have much describing the tapealert feature but no reference on
how to
enable or disable that I can find.

-Mark

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C93B.5A54B9C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>TapeAlert</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Is the tapealert feature a switchable option?&nbsp; My vendor
tells me that our</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>library is compatible but NB doesn't seem to react.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I have frequence-based cleaning turned on and I also have a
cron-job that</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>sweeps the UNIX log files for the library's cleaning request
message, then runs tpclean.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>The manuals have much describing the tapealert feature but no
reference on how to</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>enable or disable that I can find.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>-Mark</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>