Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] weekly statistics notifications

2002-03-06 09:51:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] weekly statistics notifications
From: dbrown AT gfs DOT com (Dave Brown)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:51:05 -0500
Does anyone have anything in place that will give me a few basic netbackup
statistics on weekly full and daily incremental backups?  What I'm trying to
put together is a simple shell script that will give me output in something
like the following:

(example)
For Period March 4th - March 10th (Monday - Sunday)
Server:           Size of Backup:       # of tapes utilized:
generic                 750GB                                        18
planet                    1.2TB                                         32
etc. etc. etc.

The size format isn't important, it can be kb's for all I care.  But I would
like to know if anyone has anything that would allow me run a script on Monday
morning to give me the status of the previous weeks backups.
I'm hoping to put something in place that we can use to monitor our growing
environment.  When a server starts to increase in the amount of tapes used and
size of backups, it will let us know that we need to report these changes to
our business customers and adjust billing costs accordingly.

Thanks,

Dave Brown
Open System Administrator
dbrown AT gfs DOT com