Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Verify jobs

2002-03-05 14:13:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Verify jobs
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey Feskens)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:13:18 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Paul, Jolinda D. wrote:

> Does anyone out there run verify jobs on their backups when completed?  A
> Veritas consultant was here recently and stated that he had never been to a
> client that performed verifies of their backups.  Looking for other
> opinions...thanks.

We run a verify on our backups every morning after they are completed.
As to whether that is a reasonable indicator of our ability to rely
on them remains to be seen, but we haven't run into any problems
with a verified backup yet.

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette University, Salem, OR