Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media server Catalog backups

2002-03-04 18:44:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media server Catalog backups
From: anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca (Atif Naseem)
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 15:44:11 -0800
hello charlie
What i understand that you have a master servers and some media servers. You
have to make backups of your media servers NBU catalogs if those are also the
volume database hosts for the drives attached. and if u have only one volume
database host (generaly the master server) then u need to make the backups of
the NBU catalogs on your master (volume database) host only .
To check what i s your volume database host , run
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -d  on each media server . and check your volume
database host.

It ii recommended by veritas to have one volume database host  in multiple
media server environment.

let me know if you need the procedure  to change the volume databse host for
the media servers.????

regards atif.

Atif Naseem
Unix consultant
Vancouver General Hospital
anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca

>>> "Charlie ." <maver3640 AT hotmail DOT com> 03/01/02 05:39AM >>>
Hello,

  I have a Master and a SAN Media. Do I have to backup the catalogs on the
SAN Media? What would be the consequences of not backing those up?

Thanks.
Charlie.