Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplication performance

2002-03-04 11:45:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplication performance
From: AMosseveld AT IOF DOT ORG (Mosseveld, Adriaan)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:45:11 -0500
Hello

We are currently experiencing variable performance vaulting some of our
larger backups. I do not believe it is either a drive problem, or a tape
problem, as one of our latest 'variable performers' used the same drive and
tape, and yet the performance varied from 7.5 Mb/sec down to 99 Kb/sec !!

I can see which fragments are duplicating slowly from the bptm log, but how
can I gain any more information on these fragments (i.e. number of files in
the fragment), or any more insight into why the performance should drop so
significantly ?

Many thanks.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - - - - - - - - - - 200345 (Can/US)(06/01)
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This
communication represents the originator's personal view and opinions, which
may not necessarily reflect those of IOF.  It may also contain confidential
information and be protected by and subject to the attorney-client privilege
or be privileged work product or proprietary information.  If you are not
the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in
error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,
please notify postmaster AT iof DOT org immediately.