Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu] Hung Backups - Help!

2002-03-04 09:10:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu] Hung Backups - Help!
From: DowneCA AT HPD.Abbott DOT com (Downey, Cristian APX)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:10:01 -0600
Paul,

As far as avoiding it in the future...

We had a similar problem here after upgrading to 341_2 and P0836 using a
Windows 2000 master, where backups would not kick off at all and we'd see a
number of bpsched processes running.  We've also encountered a couple of
instances where backups on one media server would be completely hung, but
the other media servers seemed to be running fine.

Veritas just released a new version of patch P0836 on 2/25 called P0836A.
We've applied it and it seems to resolve the problem (although we are
working through some other issues).  At the time we opened a ticket with
Veritas on Monday their support representative was not even aware of it.

Try applying this patch to the master and see if it helps.

-Cris