Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error 41

2002-03-01 20:27:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error 41
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 17:27:40 -0800
I just had the weirdest thing happen.  I got notification that a Novell
server backup completed with status 1 (ok since we don't run OTM) so I
didn't think much of it.  I was notified at 5:20PM PST.

Now, I get a call from our Novell guy to let me know that one of the
backups may have gotten honked since he rebooted the server during the
backup.  I can state with absolute sureity that this backup continued
after the reboot like nothing happened.  It listed the correct amount of
data transfered to tape and took the correct amount of time to
complete.  But it does show a status 41 in the job details, but I was
not notified of this status, only of status 1.  However, the job details
list nothing after 1:07PM PST and actually shows it ended then.

Is this a normal function of NBU?  If it is I am impressed.  If it isn't
and the backup didn't really complete then I'm not only un-impressed,
but worried.

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy