Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] xinetd.conf entries for netbackup?

2002-02-28 11:25:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] xinetd.conf entries for netbackup?
From: wbreyha AT gmx DOT net (Wolfgang Breyha)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:25:47 +0100
At 09:04 28.02.2002 -0700, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>Redhat7.2 doesn't use inetd, they changed to xinetd.conf apparantly.
>This doesn't use a stock /etc/inetd.conf.  I'm hacking up my own
>entries, has anyone else done this so I can compare my final product
>against a known working version?

Here we go....

Tell me if you want to have a modified install_client script to automatically
check if xinetd or inetd is installed.

Regards, Wolfgang

[root@hotlips xinetd.d]# cat bpcd
# default: on
service bpcd
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        disable         = no
}

[root@hotlips xinetd.d]# cat vopied
# default: on
service vopied
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/openv/bin/vopied
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        disable         = no
}

[root@hotlips xinetd.d]# cat bpjava-msvc
# default: on
service bpjava-msvc
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpjava-msvc
        server_args     = -transient
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        disable         = no
}

--
 /   Those of you who think they know everything are    \
/   very annoying to those of us who do.   -- Unknown    \