Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Automatic backup of catalog failing

2002-02-28 09:33:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Automatic backup of catalog failing
From: justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk (justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:33:24 +0000
Hi, We have a problem with Veritas NetBackup 3.4 - I've searched and
searched but not found any answers :-(

Automatic catalog backup fails with either of these two error messages in
reports:

        -------------------------------------
        write of header to /tmp/sync_CA0001 failed, Error 0
        NB database backup to media id CA0001 FAILED
        -------------------------------------

        -------------------------------------
        cannot write image to /tmp/sync_CA0001, attempted write of 32768 bytes,
system wrote 32766      NB database backup to media id CA0001 FAILED

We can't see any reason why there should be a problem writing to /tmp!
Manual catalog backup using the administration client works fine, it's
just the automatic catalog backup after each session of automatic backup.
Does anyone know what could be happening (or not happening!)?

Many thanks

--
\ Justin
/ Network Services, University of Brighton