Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robot inventory on acsls master w/o drives

2002-02-28 08:57:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robot inventory on acsls master w/o drives
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:57:47 -0600
Yes you can.

You don't need the ltid processes running on your master, only vmd if its
only the volDB Host.  Ltid (logical tape interface daemon) only runs on
media servers.  When you configure your media servers with ACS you will
enter the robotic control host information (server running acsls), the volDB
host doesn't need to control the robot.

I'm in the process of designing a highly available netbackup environment by
splitting the master off from the media server portion of the configuration.

The master will have no drives and will be the volDB host being protected by
VCS...

I haven't tested it out yet, but in theory this should work...unless there
are some idiosyncrasies with acsls that I don't know about.  :-)

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com