Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] scratch_pool / Catalog Backup

2002-02-26 11:20:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] scratch_pool / Catalog Backup
From: suen AT cosmos.buffalo DOT edu (Michael Suen)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:20:30 -0500 (EST)
Hello All

        I have a question about Scratch_pool, I know how to define
        a scratch_pool and assign all the blank tapes to it and
        NetBackup will assign different pools as they need tapes.
        Now, Does it do the "reverse", if the tapes are expired
        in the pool, would it go back to the scratch pool??

        Another question I have is about Catalog Backup, it looks
        like I can only do a Max of 2 Copies of the Catalog.
        Is there a way to verify the catalog backup is good, beside
        the return code 0 and use bprecover -l to list the heading?

        Thank you very much for everybody's help

                                Mike