Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] hung tldd processes on Solaris NBU servers

2002-02-22 12:51:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] hung tldd processes on Solaris NBU servers
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:51:01 +0100

 Usually because the hung process is blocked in kernel mode. Means
even a SIGKILL can't do anything, it will be processed after the process
goes out from kernel mode back to user mode.
 Kernel mode means usually driver: bad tape, bad hardware or defective
driver software. If SAN, SCSI bridges are my favorite culprits too.

 Hth && amicalement, fx.

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>
--
     fx AT Veritas DOT com       | A crash reduces
François-Xavier Peretmere | Your expensive computer