Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone backing up Win2K from UNIX master with 3.4?

2002-02-19 17:31:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone backing up Win2K from UNIX master with 3.4?
From: sarcher AT connect.com DOT au (Suzi Archer)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:31:04 +1100
We are backing up w2k machines in 2 seperate 3.4 environments (mostly) without
issues.

On clinet install there is an option to install an OTM manager, which we do,
which I can only assume fixes the problem you are experiencing.
The only downside is that the status code at completion is 1 rather then 0,
which initially played hell with some of our reporting scripts.

We have also had 2 out of 4 machines require a registry change to (from memory)
increase the buffer allowed for otm files. (the backups were erroring, but I
can't remember the code) I found this fix on this mailinglist months ago, so if
you want to try that, you would need to search thru the archives.

Hope that helps!

-suz

--
Suzi Archer                       Connect.com.au
Systems Group                     Lvl 9, 114 Albert Rd