Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] They did it again

2002-02-18 11:36:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] They did it again
From: Robert.L.Harris AT rdlg DOT net (Robert L. Harris)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:36:22 -0700
I take a day off and someone messes with my new system I finally get
working just the way I want it.....

  At anyrate, I had a nice working Solaris8, Netbackup DataCenter 3.4.1
server up and happy.  Someone told them it was taking too long so they
removed the trunked QFE and installed a gigabit ethernet card.  Now if I
try to manually kick off a back up it pops out an error message:

Error when sending backup request

Hostnames, IP, defaultroute, etc are all the same.  It just went from a
trunked QFE to a gigabit eth.

Anyone seen anything like this?  (I just foundout how to enable logs so
I'll be running more tests but I'd rather not have my mid-morning
backups fail as a result of someone changing something while I'm gone.
We know who'll be bitten)

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!