Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR Musings

2002-02-13 12:08:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR Musings
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:08:25 -0600
1.  The NBU catalog backup will have to go on a tape separate from your data
backups.
1a. If you use the command line to backup the Catalog info, you want to do
the following to ensure you get a clean backup.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprdreq -terminate

bpdbjobs -M $master -report | egrep -i "Active" > /dev/null
NOJOBS=$?

 until [ $NOJOBS -ne 0 ]
 do
  sleep 300
  bpdbjobs -report | egrep -i "Active" > /dev/null
  NOJOBS=$?
 done

tpreq -ev $TAPEID -d $DENSITY -p $POOL -f $MNTFILE
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb -tpath $MNTFILE \
/usr/openv/var
/usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/volmgr/database

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/initbprd

This terminate bprd so no other jobs will be submitted, then it looks for
any active jobs, if there are we know that the catalog is probably being
updated...so we want to wait for them to finish.  when they are done, we do
our bpbackupdb, then restart bprd so backups can run as normal.

2. Yes, I would definitely include the bprecover in your new procedure

3. Setting the Primary copy to the duplicate image is required.  The best
way to do this is to keep track of the imageid when you run duplication.
Once you have that information, all you need to do is run either bpimage or
bpduplicate to change the -npc to 2.  Primary copy or the original backup
will be copy 1, the duplicate will be copy 2.  When you change it with
bpimage or bpduplicate you need to indicate which copy number will be the
new primary, in this case 2.

Does this help?

David
David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com