Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HSM 3.4.1

2002-02-13 11:22:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HSM 3.4.1
From: Jeffrey_Dykzeul AT west.raytheon DOT com (Jeffrey Dykzeul)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:22:16 -0800
First thing - is this the appropriate mailing list for HSM/VSM issues, or
is there a separate list?

Regarding the topic, I last set up HSM over three years ago and my notes
indicate a similar situation. Here is an extract from the notes:

"Migration is all set up now for /export/home4. The HSM object home4 is
configured,
  the tape volumes have been configured, and the migration daemons are
running.
  However, even if the disk space used is above the high water mark, no
migration will
  occur until it is instigated by a manual migration request or creation of
another file in
  the source directory.

  Creation of another file in the source directory causes
        - Migsweep to identify migration candidates
        - Pre-migrate to low water mark (files moved to
/export/home4/migration/data and
           written to two separate tapes (METHOD1 & METHOD2)
        - Files purged from  /export/home4/migration/data down to purge
level."

After doing this, automatic migration worked on its own. Kind of like
priming the pump. Hope this helps.

 jd

"vidit kohli" <vidit_k AT hotmail DOT com>@mailman.eng.auburn.edu on 13/02/2002
07:44:01

Sent by:  veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu