Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] more fun questions....

2002-02-11 19:39:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] more fun questions....
From: todd AT s4r DOT com (Todd Suiter)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:39:30 -0800 (PST)
Folks,

        Okay, some questions regarding netbackup and writing to devices
other than tape. Basic gist is, I'm looking at a value add for my customers,
offering 'near line' backups. In other words, I want to write, via veritas NBU,
to a large (say, 1.2TB), disk array. So, the questions are: can this be done
with NBU? If yes, do you set the device to something lile /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s2?
Could I set it up to write to a veritas volume mgr partition?

if this doesn't make sense, let me know....thanks folks....todd