Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving a backup/media server to a new platform

2002-02-06 17:31:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving a backup/media server to a new platform
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:31:19 -0800 (PST)
Can anyone comment if a domain name change, (same hostname) would cause
similar problems?   I am maintaining an old domain that serves only the
Veritas Netbackup server's hostname, because I also did not want to change
the hostname.

I find this rather disappointing that Veritas does not 'support' a
hostname change and want you to pay them consulting fees to do
this, on top of the annual maintenance that they already get.   Changing a
hostname is not an unreasonable system administration request.

Jon