Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2000, Active Directory, mailbox

2002-02-04 15:51:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2000, Active Directory, mailbox
From: suen AT cosmos.buffalo DOT edu (Michael Suen)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:51:23 -0500 (EST)
Hello EveryOne...

        I was able to configure NBU 3.4.1 with exchange 5.5 with
individual mailbox backup with the directions in the admin guide but not
for exch2k.

here is what I did...

The Netbackup Client Server is started as "Local System" account
I create a new user "VeritasZZ" with "Active Directory Users and
Computers"

then I give put him in the "Domain Admins Group"

then use the Exachnge Admin Delegation Wizard to give that account:
VeritasZZ with "Exchange Full Admin"

Then I setup Veritas, (Configure NetBackup) to check the Properties
and give VeritasZZ

Now, I should be able to use the Netbackup GUI Client and when I
click on the "Microsoft Exchange MailBoxes", I should be
able to see the individual mail boxes? Right?
I know I would need to create a separate class to backup, but I should
be able to "see" them?

Right?I also try to change the NetBackup Client Service, Log on as,
from "LocalSyetem" to "VeritasZZ", restart the service and still not work.

I am NEW in exchange stuff, when I create a user in Active directory, Am I
suppose to see a mailbox in the exchange under "First Storage Froup",
Mailbox Store and then Mailboxes? I don't see "VeritasZZ"??

I also check the registry to make sure it has VeritasZZ

Thank you very much for everyone's help..

Thanks...

Mike