Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicating and Demultiplexing.

2002-02-04 09:08:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicating and Demultiplexing.
From: plb AT iotk DOT com (Peter L. Buschman)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:08:07 +0100
--=====================_438556420==_.ALT

John:

This can all be done using the bpduplicate.  Many people have written shell
scripts around this command to meet
various needs.

Do you want to retain the multiplexed backups after creating de-multiplexed
copies, or expire them?

What are your goals for the duplication in general, retaining a second copy
on-line or shipping the copy or original
off-site for DR purposes?

These needs will determine much of the behaviour an automatic solution has
to provide.

A basic de-multiplexer is a fairly simple exercise to write, and one I'd be
happy to take a crack at.  If you have offsite
DR requirements, however, I'd recommend taking a look at David Chapa's DDS
scripts.

You can find info on DDS here:

http://www.xbpadm-commands.com/download.htm#dupsuite

Best regards,

--PLB

At 06:46 PM 02/04/2002 +1100, Jon Lim wrote:
>Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I'd thought I would ask if there are
>any known scripts out there which handles not only automatic duplicating
>of mutiplexed backups, but also demultiplexes them first. Basically
>producing nonmultiplexed duplicates.
>
>I know Netbackup 3.4 can duplicate Multiplex to nonmultiplex format via
>its GUI/CLI.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jon

--=====================_438556420==_.ALT

John:<br>
This can all be done using the bpduplicate.&nbsp; Many people have
written shell scripts around this command to meet<br>
various needs.<br>
Do you want to retain the multiplexed backups after creating
de-multiplexed copies, or expire them?<br>
What are your goals for the duplication in general, retaining a second
copy on-line or shipping the copy or original<br>
off-site for DR purposes?<br>
These needs will determine much of the behaviour an automatic solution
has to provide.<br>
A basic de-multiplexer is a fairly simple exercise to write, and one I'd
be happy to take a crack at.&nbsp; If you have offsite<br>
DR requirements, however, I'd recommend taking a look at David Chapa's
DDS scripts.<br>
You can find info on DDS here:<br>
eudora="autourl">http://www.xbpadm-commands.com/download.htm#dupsuite</a><br>
Best regards,<br>
--PLB<br>
At 06:46 PM 02/04/2002 +1100, Jon Lim wrote:<br>
of re-inventing the wheel, I'd thought I would ask if there are any known
scripts out there which handles not only automatic duplicating of
mutiplexed backups, but also demultiplexes them first. Basically
producing nonmultiplexed duplicates.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
nonmultiplex format via its GUI/CLI.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>