Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configuring NBU for MS-Exchange backup :-(

2002-02-03 16:54:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configuring NBU for MS-Exchange backup :-(
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 15:54:09 -0600
You can use the alias for a mailbox, but what I prefer to do is to use the
mailbox's Distinguished Name.  This avoids any issues with non-unique aliases.

Example:

HKLM\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup\currentversion\config\EXCHANGE_MAILBOX

/o=ACME/ou=Division/cn=Recipients/cn=MailBackup

You can use the Exchange Admin program in Raw mode to look at the DN if you
are not sure what it is.

- Scott

                    "Brochart, Fabrice"

                    <BrochF AT europe.stortek DOT com>          To:
"'Dariusz Klar'" <Dariusz.Klar AT sun DOT com>,
                    Sent by:                             veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:     RE:
[Veritas-bu] Configuring NBU for MS-Exchange backup :-(

                    01/31/2002 10:52 AM

                Hi Darek,

Maybe you can install an administration client on your Exchange server?

Be carefull, when you create an exchange mailbox, the user name created must
NOT be a part of another account name.

If you create nbu for example, you can't have account like "nbuguest",
"supernbu", "inbut" etc etc...

Hope this help

Fabrice