Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media database merge

2002-01-31 15:45:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media database merge
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:45:38 -0500
        I was wondering if there was a gracefull and clean way to merge the
media databases(/usr/openv/netbackup/db/media) from 2 different hosts if one of
the hosts is not available.  The reason I am asking is that in a disaster
scenario I won't have several media servers, it will only be the master.
 Veritas suggested that the database itself is a flat file and I can cat the
contents of it out and append it to new master's.  However, they warned not to
do backups on that server or "it might have issues".  This was half way
acceptable, excepnt now I have 2 NT media servers and the file is no longer
"flat" in a sence.  Has anyone succeeded in doing something like that?

Thanks in advance.

paulg