Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Connect Timeout w/ IPF Bridge

2002-01-22 12:34:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Connect Timeout w/ IPF Bridge
From: frazee.23 AT osu DOT edu (Joseph Frazee)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:34:17 -0500
My apologies to Bill for thinking with my fingers and not replying to
the list.

----- Forwarded message from Joseph Frazee <frazee.23 AT osu DOT edu> -----

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:33:03 -0500
From: Joseph Frazee <frazee.23 AT osu DOT edu>
To: Bill Wiessner <bill.wiessner AT veritas DOT com>
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Connect Timeout w/ IPF Bridge

I've done the logs on the server. Nothing real enlightening there. We
are currently using NBU 3.2GA. I can't see the logs on the client at the
moment because its "sort of" a personal machine of someone senior to me
and so the machine is mostly managed by him. This makes it difficult all
around.

I've actually weeded out some problems. I replaced the network cards in
the firewall with 2 nice Intel cards. Now, the backup will work over the
bridge. I'm still left in the dark with filtering anything though.

If a.b.c.d is the backup client I should just be able to do (in
ipfilter):

pass in quick proto tcp from any to a.b.c.d flags S keep state keep
frags

But, this doesn't seem to work.

There is no problem telnetetting to 32782 on the client from the server.

I think I have to wait until the sysadmin of that machine returns to
figure out much more.

Thanks,

Joe

----- End forwarded message -----