Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpsched hangs on unavailable client

2002-01-18 09:47:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpsched hangs on unavailable client
From: Vlastimil.Pokorny AT oskarmobil DOT cz (Vlastimil Pokorny)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:47:30 +0100
Hello NB Gurus,

I have a few simple questions.

1. As I saw bpsched process (started by bprd) sometimes try to contact NB
clients (bpcr_get_version_rqst, get_bpmount_version). In this case if one
client or more of "Merging" class - client combination is unavailable (i.e.
NB client has cable problem) bpsched stay runnig and periodically trying to
contact that client (cca 224 second). But everytime in the wakeup interval
is another bpsched run. The new bpsched every time exits with error -
another regular bpsched allways examining class configuration (error 214).
No scheduled jobs are run in this case, because the first bpched does not
complete the merging of unavailble client.
The only workround I found is to kick off the client from particular class
when bpshed is killed. And then bpched completes meging next run. Here does
not help restart NB, reboot system or delete *.lock files in <NB_home>/bin.
Bpsched everytime stops on unavailable client.
Did everyone solve this ?

2. How often NB try to contact clients because of version requests
(bpcr_get_version_rqst, get_bpmount_version)? Is it configurable ?

3. Why only some of class are merged ("Merging changes for XXX") as I can
see in bpsched log ?

Thanks

Vlastimil Pokorny
UNIX Administrator
OSKAR, Cesky Mobil a.s.
Vinohradska 167, 100 00 Praha 10
Telephone: +420 2 7117 1076
Mobil:        +420 0608 011 345
Email: vlastimil.pokorny AT oskarmobil DOT cz