Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running monthly schedules

2002-01-15 20:36:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running monthly schedules
From: plb AT iotk DOT com (Peter L. Buschman)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 02:36:39 +0100
Hello Jayakody:

The NBU scheduler doesn't presently allow monthly schedules.  The best
solution to the problem
is to create separate classes for the monthly backups and to initiate those
manually from cron
(create a full schedule with no backup windows and run it manually on the
1st of each month.)
There are also some simple shell-script hacks if you want to run on the
last day of a month.

Don't just run the normal weekly schedules manually, as that will interfere
with the automatic scheduling
of those backups.

If you need more detail, I would be happy to dig up the exact scripts.

Regards,

--PLB