Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade your Netbackup Master Server from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8

2002-01-14 15:44:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade your Netbackup Master Server from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8
From: lori.anderson AT alcatel DOT com (Lori Anderson)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:44:35 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I am in need of some assistance really bad! I hope someone can help me.
This Thursday I am scheduled to upgrade our Netbackup Master Server from
solaris 2.6 to solaris 8 and can not find any information as to what
steps to take.

I have a server that has sds, vxvm, vxfs, and netbackup (SUNWnetbp3.4
,SUNWnbdmp3.2). I will be removing sds and not reloading it. I will
remove vxvm and vxfs and reload after upgrade , but I do not know if I
need to remove Netbackup and reload it.  /usr/openv is a Veritas
controlled filesystem so it is not on the system drive. And they insist
that I do an upgrade and not an initial installation.  I will have an
alternate drive that will be booted and tested before the actual upgrade
occurs for fallback.
I am not that familiar with Netbackup as far upgrades are concerned and
neither is our Netbackup Admin. So I have to understand the procedure to
ensure we both do the right tasks at the right time to be successful at
this.

 - I need to know when I upgrade the system OS what do I need to do with
netbackup?
 - Does  Netbackup have to be removed and then reinstalled?
 - Will the tapes be reassigned after the upgrade?
 - What do I do after the ugrade with netbackup if anything ?
 - Does anyone know where this type of upgrade is documented?

PLEASE ANY HELP IS HELPFUL!!

TIA!!

Lori