Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate taking 14 hours?

2002-01-10 16:07:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate taking 14 hours?
From: kastus AT epocrates DOT com (Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:07:39 -0800
On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:21:34AM -0600, Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA
wrote:
> This worked. Took 5 hours for duplicate the tape as oposed to 12.
>

> Larry Kingery <larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com>
> 01/09/2002 11:07 AM
> Please respond to larry.kingery
>

>         To:     Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate taking 14 hours?
>

> You'll probably have to tune the network buffer size (yes, I know it's
> local).
>
> # echo "262144" > /usr/openv/netbackup/NET_BUFFER_SZ

I can find no references to this file in documentation.
OTOH, the book form Veritas Netbackup advanced class refers to

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS and
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS

So which one is correct?

--
Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka
Unix System Administrator