Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Encryption

2002-01-07 17:20:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Encryption
From: Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com (O'Shea, Don)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:20:08 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C197C9.77492EB0

We are running Netbackup Datacenter version 3.4.1 with 56 bit Data
encryption on several Win2K servers. Last week for some unknown reason it
stopped working. While checking through the logs we discovered error
messages stating "Encryption Not requested by server but required by client,
access is denied. This was all working fine up until this point. The only
way we could get the backups working was to turn off data encryption.

Does anyone know what might cause this to happen and how do we go about
getting it working again? I am not very familiar with the encryption part so
any help would be appreciated.

Don O'Shea
NT Support
BCE Emergis Inc.
(905)707-4000 Ext. 3765
Fax: (905) 707-4329
mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C197C9.77492EB0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.89">
<TITLE>Encryption</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We are running Netbackup Datacenter =
version 3.4.1 with 56 bit Data encryption on several Win2K servers. =
Last week for some unknown reason it stopped working. While checking =
through the logs we discovered error messages stating &quot;Encryption =
Not requested by server but required by client, access is denied. This =
was all working fine up until this point. The only way we could get the =
backups working was to turn off data encryption.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Does anyone know what might cause this =
to happen and how do we go about getting it working again? I am not =
very familiar with the encryption part so any help would be =
appreciated.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Don O'Shea</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NT Support</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">BCE Emergis Inc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(905)707-4000 Ext. 3765</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Fax: (905) 707-4329</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"><A =
HREF=3D"mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT com">mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT
com</A></=
FONT>
</P>

</BODY>