Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Resetting media to scratch pool

2001-12-31 18:24:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Resetting media to scratch pool
From: ewunipe AT sd.us.am.ericsson DOT se (Nicholas Pesce)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:24:31 -0800 (PST)
Currently my backups (as I mentioned in previous posts) are dying
because NetBackup doesn't see recycled tapes.  It checks tapes that
are in the Netbackup database that are in the jukebox, and then fails
to examine "recycled tapes" (tapes that are no longer in Netbackup
database).   I therefore wanted to move these tapes from their current
pool to the scratch pool.  however when I use vmchange I get the
following error

% sudo vmchange -m NB0660 -p 2
Password:
Could not change media ID NB0660: cannot change volume pool for assigned volume
(91)

Where is this volume assigned?  I guess I don't properly understand
how the volume database handles recycled tapes.  Any help would greatly
be appreciated.

Nicholas Pesce         |
System Administrator   |
Ericsson Wireless Unit |