Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrate tapes to new library

2001-12-20 13:15:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrate tapes to new library
From: eric.martens AT Sun DOT COM (eric martens)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:15:21 -0800
I have moved a library off of a slave server onto our master server.
Before doing this I moved all the existing media in the library, and all
associated tapes to that slave server that is no longer in the library
via the command

bpmedia -movedb -ev media_id -newserver hostname -oldserver hostname

after hooking the library up to the master server and configuring the
library and drives, I did an inventory via the NetBack software. Which
now shows all the tapes in the library defaulted into the NetBackup pool
with no other information (such as last mount times,  dates, etc.)

Am I missing something.

Will I have to import the tapes?

So I guess the bottom line is that I need to move all the media db info
from the slave server to the master server.

--

Thanks,

Eric Martens