Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange backup problems

2001-12-20 15:52:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange backup problems
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:52:21 -0600
You can use the alias for a mailbox, but what I prefer to do is to use the
mailbox's Distinguished Name.  This avoids any issues with non-unique aliases.

Example:

HKLM\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup\currentversion\config\EXCHANGE_MAILBOX

/o=ACME/ou=Division/cn=Recipients/cn=MailBackup

You can use the Exchange Admin program in Raw mode to look at the DN if you
are not sure what it is.

- Scott

                    "Spearman, David"

                    <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>             To:     "'Lee
Anne Pedersen'" <LeeAnne.Pedersen AT gov.ab DOT ca>,
                    Sent by:                             veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:     RE:
[Veritas-bu] Exchange backup problems

                    12/20/2001 01:25 PM

We ran into the mailbox problem on our site initialy. After talking to
veritas we found that the master/media server (w2k) needs to have the jumbo
patch and the 341_1 patch installed. They also have a 341_2 patch that
according to the blurb is also for exchange. On the client the same applies,
install the client software, the jumbo j0850645 patch and at least 341_1.
Your best bet is to uninstall the client, then reinstall client, jumbo,
341_1. We are Exchange 5.5 so the actual patches you download might be
slightly different. Also, on the mailboxes the client must be pointed at a
totaly unique mailbox name. I used ZZZ with the alias ZZZ. Using anything
that even has some of the same letters as another mailbox and it will not
work. You will aslo need to set the client service on the exchange server to
start up with the same user ID used to start the exchange services. I never
did get it to work when our exchange server was on NT4, but it is was easy
once it was on w2k.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va