Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring a pool

2001-12-17 17:14:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring a pool
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:14:39 -0800
Thanks Larry, I found it after I sent this to the list.  But one thing
now bothers me; when I recalculate to a lower retention period (from 6
weeks to 2 weeks) does it happen immediately?  And does it prune the
catalogue's?  I didn't really noticfe any change in my catalogue
filesystem after recalculating 3 classes.  Here's the line I used:

bpexpdate -recalculate -ret 1 -class <classname>

Thanks.

~JK