Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AIX Network Timeouts

2001-12-12 14:55:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AIX Network Timeouts
From: ssommer AT hbsp.harvard DOT edu (Sommer, Steve)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:55:45 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C18346.FD0B2540

Hello,  We recently added a new Win2k Media Server to our existing
environment.  After the server was added I have been consistantly receiving
network timeouts with our RS6000 client and diminished throughput from it's
backup since then.  I have routed backups through three different media
servers for this client and the throughput still is very low and the backup
fails with an error 41 (network timeout).  This RS6000 is not part of our
SAN so the backups are going over then network.  All the host files are upto
date on the servers and clients and nothing else has changed.  Has anyone
seen or heard of this before?  -Steve

------_=_NextPart_001_01C18346.FD0B2540

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=431194419-12122001><FONT
face="Palatino Linotype">Hello,&nbsp;&nbsp;We recently added a new Win2k Media
Server to our existing environment.&nbsp; After the server was added I have
been
consistantly receiving network timeouts with our RS6000 client and diminished
throughput from it's backup since then.&nbsp; I have routed backups through
three different media servers for this client and the throughput still is very
low and the backup fails with an error 41 (network timeout).&nbsp; This RS6000
is not part of our SAN so the backups are going over then network.&nbsp; All
the
host files are upto date on the servers and clients and nothing else has
changed.&nbsp; Has anyone seen or heard of this before?&nbsp;
-Steve</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C18346.FD0B2540--