Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Compare between TSM 4.2 and NetBackup

2001-12-12 11:45:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Compare between TSM 4.2 and NetBackup
From: Robert_Chae AT compuware DOT com (Chae, Robert)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:45:48 -0500

------_=_NextPart_000_01C1832C.73B424F0

> Hello EveryOne...
>
> I would like to know if anyone have some kind of white paper, docs that
> compare TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) with Veritas Netbackup, I get a small
> one from Tivoli, of course they said they are better. I couldn't find any
> on Veritas Web site.

> Thank you very much for your help

> Mike

KeyLabs have done some tests between Tivoli and NetBackup...
http://www.keylabs.com/results/veritas/veritas.html

and NetBackup and Legato...
http://www.keylabs.com/results/veritas/veritas_legato.html

I have used all three products, and believe that nothing hauls data like
NetBackup.  On paper,
NetBackup will always beat TSM in benchmarks.  I'm not saying NetBackup is
better.  TSM is definately
limited (and has problems with larger systems and databases), but it is much
easier to work with.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.  NetBackup may be faster, but
TSM eats less tape,
has a better vaulting process, and is easier to maintain.
In our case scenerio, We made the decision to move to NetBackup due to
limitations in ADSM.

Robert Chae
Enterprise Storage Administrator

------_=_NextPart_000_01C1832C.73B424F0
        filename="Chae, Robert.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Chae;Robert
FN:Chae, Robert
ORG:Compuware Corporation;Corporate Information Systems
TITLE:Tech Support Analyst
TEL;WORK;VOICE:248.737.7740 VM94145
ADR;WORK:;Farmington Hills;31440 Northwestern Highway;Farmington
Hills;MI;48334-2564;United States
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Farmington Hills=0D=0A31440 Northwestern
Highway=0D=0AFarmington Hills, MI 4=
8334-2564=0D=0AUnited States
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Robert_Chae AT compuware DOT com
REV:20010313T215615Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01C1832C.73B424F0--