Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpmedialist vs. vmquery

2001-12-12 00:26:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpmedialist vs. vmquery
From: jmaley AT macromedia DOT com (jeff maley)
Date: 11 Dec 2001 21:26:02 -0800
first, thank you to everyone who has ever responded to one of my
questions. those responses have helped greatly.
an issue i am experiencing now is a mismatch between what tapes nbu
thinks are in our robot and what tapes media manager thinks are there.
for example, when i run a vmquery on our robot, it generates a list of
tapes. i then run some of those tape numbers through bpmedialist to see
what the status is, and i get a message saying the media id could not be
found in the nbu or mm db. since i got the tape number initially from
the mm db, i am confused. i  believe i have many tapes in this
situation. is there any hope other than manually inventorying all the
tapes?

--
jeff maley            | 415.832.5414
enterprise operations | 415.218.3106