Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog problem!!!!!!!!!!

2001-12-11 08:20:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog problem!!!!!!!!!!
From: Dave.High AT veritas DOT com (Dave High)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 05:20:11 -0800
Manoj,

If you have no catalog backup at all, and you lose your entire Master, the
only way (realistically) to get the catalog back is to use the IMPORT option
on the NetBackup GUI to import each and every one of your tapes.

It is time consuming to say the least, but it will rebuild your catalog for
you.

Read up on "Importing Tapes" in the NetBackup Manuals. It is a fairly easy
process.

Cheers,

dave

dave high
VERITAS Enterprise Consulting
702.683.7733

Unix IS user friendly, it's just VERY picky about who it chooses as friends