Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO

2001-12-06 09:40:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO
From: dhicks AT houston.oilfield.slb DOT com (David Hicks)
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 08:40:59 -0600
All:

Just want to confirm something, and open this up for input/feedback
We are creating a seperate backup network, which will have only 1
master/media server.  Two sets of tape drives will be used.  One
group/library is fibre connected to a SAN so that SAN aware clients can
backup to those, Another set is connected directly to the backup network so
that SAN unaware clients can backup to those.  I want to confirm that I
won't need SSO, because as I understand it I am not sharing drives between
media servers, because I only have one media server.  Am I missing
something crucial here ? Anyone who is doing something similiar have any
suggestions, words of wisdom ?
Which sort of begs the question...under what situations would I want
another media server ? is this just a redundancy and performance issue ?

Thanks for your input

David