Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Downed drives - Remote tape removal

2001-12-05 13:56:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Downed drives - Remote tape removal
From: MDay AT qrs DOT com (Day, Michael)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:56:42 -0800
I'm using Netbackup Datacenter 3.41 (patched) on NT and a Exabyte 690D with
6 DLT 7000's.  Sometimes I may have to interrupt vaulting for emergency
restores or because of maintenance on servers.  After doing this the tapes
that were in use remain in the drives.

*       Is there a easy way to take the tapes out of the drives remotely?  I
usually walk someone through the process of doing it with the LCD panel but
that is not always convenient.

*       If I did nothing (other than 'up' the drive in Device Manager) how
long would it take the software to automatically re-use those drives that
were downed and still have the tape inside?

Mike