Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] determining restore tape in bpadm

2001-11-29 12:52:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] determining restore tape in bpadm
From: jaearick AT colby DOT edu (Jeff Earickson)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:52:28 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I am using bpadm to do a file restore, via the menu options "u", "r",
and "b".  I've set my source and destination clients, selected the files
to restore, etc -- now I am ready to initiate the restore job.  But first,
I want to know if the tape that Netbackup will want is actually in the
robot.  How do I do "Preview Media Required" in bpadm, like I would do
from jnbSA?  I need bpadm to tell me what tape it is going to ask for
***before*** I launch the restore job.  How???!!!

--- Jeff