Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STU usage with SSO

2001-11-28 13:53:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STU usage with SSO
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:53:10 -0500 (EST)
Scott was correct.

You still have to have at least one storage unit per media server.
Set the one on the SAN media server to "on demand only"

You will still want a separate class for the SAN media server.
Specify to use it's local storage unit.  You probably want to do the
same for all media servers.

Set up a class for the clients, and direct them to "any available".

You don't need MUST_USE_LOCAL_DRIVE.

Using the above configuration, all media servers will backup locally,
and network clients may backup to any EXCEPT the SAN media server,

P.S.  Storage Unit Groups are coming soon.  Instead of saying "any
EXCEPT these", you can group storage units together (say all of them
on a certain network) and point at that object.  And you can
prioritize usage (use local drives if available, network if not) which
is pretty cool too.

--
Larry Kingery
             "Time is the beauty of the road being long."