Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STU usage with SSO

2001-11-28 12:08:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STU usage with SSO
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:08:03 -0600
I don't think the product is smart enough to tell the difference between a SAN
media server and a normal media server.  I think it's just a licensing thing.

If you don't make the STU for the SAN media server "on-demand" it will be used
by clients.

You also have to put the SAN media server in a class where the STU is
specifically used instead of "any available".  This is true even if you are
forcing media servers to use themselves ("must use local drive").  If you have
this option on and have the STU configured as "on-demand" and don't specify
the STU (i.e. leave "any available") the backup will remain queued until the
window ends and then it will fail.

- Scott

                    Prasad Chalikonda

                    <prasadchalikonda AT yahoo DOT com>         To:
veritas-bu <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] STU usage with SSO
                    auburn.edu

                    11/28/2001 09:09 AM

Hello,

   My current config:

Master server  - 1
Regular Media - 4 (4 STU's defined)
San Media       - 1 (1 STU defined - to be used by the SAN Media server
only)
Clients             - 10

I understand STU's are picked alphabetically. So if I have a class with
10 clients, and use ANY_AVAILABLE, is NetBackup smart enough to ignore a
SAN Media STU and pick only one of the regular Media STU's
alphabetically? If not, how do I restrict the SAN Media STU from being
selected?

Thanks very much.
Prasad.