Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Transferring Backup to another location and rest oring there.

2001-11-27 15:38:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Transferring Backup to another location and rest oring there.
From: MSyed AT xo DOT com (MSyed AT xo DOT com)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:38:31 -0800
Thanks to All for responding.
I have solved the below problem.

Mukarram Syed
UNIX System Administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: MSyed AT xo DOT com [mailto:MSyed AT xo DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 9:28 AM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Transferring Backup to another location and
restoring there.

Hi All,
I was told by my boss to make a tape backup of a system/database so that
that tape can be shipped to another location and restored there.
The other location also has Veritas Netbackup 3.4, datacenter as I do on Sun
solaris.
I think, I need to take a regular backup of the system /database and then I
need to backup the Netbackup Catalog DB for that image on the same tape.
Then they will have to restore the Netbackup Catalog DB backup image from
the tape and then restore the system/database backup.
If this is correct, please let me know how to do this (commands etc).  If
not, please suggest how else to do this.
Any other details you want to ask in order to help me, please ask.
Help appreciated in advance.
Regards.

Mukarram Syed
UNIX System Administrator