Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: netbackup question

2001-11-19 14:58:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: netbackup question
From: jason AT dataprompt DOT com (Jason Jin)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:58:51 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

can somebody help point me to the relevent command to
achive the following tasks. ,we have
SUN L-20 libray, (two drives), netbackup 3.4 on solaris 2.6.

1. how to determine the volume IDs that is currently
in the tape library? how to determine which volume is
currently mounted?

2. does NBU business server version 3.4,came with xbpadm command?

3. what is the command to assign a volume to mediaDB, and read/set
various attibutes like retention period, volume pool  etc.

4. what will happen when DISALLOW_BACKUIP_SPANNING_MEDIA
is specified ? will backup just terminated at middle of the run?
how do I fource it to only doing backup if the whole backup set
can fit into a specific volume ? Is it possible?

TIA,

jason jin
system administrator
jjin AT dynaccsys DOT com