Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO drive allocation

2001-11-13 18:57:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO drive allocation
From: prasadchalikonda AT yahoo DOT com (Prasad Chalikonda)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:57:32 -0500
Hello,

I have an HP 11.0 Master and 2 11.0 SAN Media servers with SSO. If I
kick off the Master's local backup and one of the media servers, they go
fine. All 10 drives are used by both servers. Some of the jobs are
queued and eventually go active. But if I kick of backups from the third
media at the same time, I get all kinds of errors, from media to
resource allocation.

If I kill all jobs and just start backups on the third server, it works
fine. So, is there a problem with the server or with NBU SSO
configuration? I would think backups from the third servers would just
be queued. We are talking big filesystems here, each server with almost
80GB.

Each of the servers is in its own class, with its own STU, and has 10
drives in it (SSO).

Thanks very much.
Prasad.