Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] quick question on Java GUI

2001-11-09 14:30:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] quick question on Java GUI
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 13:30:45 -0600
I'm going to guess that the behavior you mention is consistent with how
NetBackup works. To show the media required, NetBackup has to do a 'bpimagelist
-media <option, option...>' and that command is run on the master server, not
on a client.

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> John Meyers <john.meyers AT wright DOT edu> 11/09/01 12:57PM >>>

 When using the Java base GUI, I noticed that the 'Preview Media Required'
 option is only displayed when running the GUI from the master server, but
 not when run from a client system.  I was just wondering if this was supposed
 to be this way, or should the option be available when run from the clients
 also.  The reason I ask is that I had slight snag with upgrading the java
 clients when going from 3.2 to 3.4.  Although I've since re-installed one
 of the clients, and the option is still missing when run from the client.
 The platforms are all Solaris based servers/clients.

 Thanks,

 John Meyers
 Computing Services
 Wright State University